Monday, September 24, 2007

Rain, Rain On my Way!

On a taxi going to Hotel Royale yesterday, we could hardly see the road due to heavy rain. I was listening to Philips, Craig and Dean's Crucified with Christ. My favorite line of that song is “His cross will never ask for more, than I can give, for it's not my strength but His

And as I get inspired and give thoughts to countless means where Christ has blessed me, there before me was another great orchestration of His divine protection not only to me and to the whole mankind. Different authors have wrote about nature testifying to God's majestic craft, you see it in the sunset, you feel it in the cool breeze, you listen to it in the sound of the wind paying homage to the cloud of life.


The rain continued to poured hard. But my heart suddenly thanked God for one simple thing. It made me think about the rate of evaporation, how much water is getting sucked by the clouds in an infinite repetitive cycle of evaporation and condensation. And then I was caught in amazement knowing that for every drop of rain to kiss the ground, there has to be someone to count them first, or someone to make sure that just enough water would rain down on us. Otherwise, Waterworld would cease to remain a myth.


If you want to know the rate of evaporation, on one website that I recently surfed (though I really can't understand the PSIs and molecular weight jargons), the article states something about 1.1 Kg/sq m/ sec. A largeish number according to the author.


Don't know if that would be the exact figures, but the certainty of a Supreme Creator of this universe making sure that there's just enough rain would remain a glimpse of God's mystery which is both sovereign and carefully executed.


Next time you get trapped on a bus stop, without your umbrellas, and the rain poured hard. Avoid your rage, it won't get you dry, instead thank the One who covered the earth with clouds and sent the rain in its season.


I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit.

Leviticus 26:4



No comments: