Sunday, September 09, 2007

Problem Solving Problematic

Singapore, 2007
My wife and I are running short of time preparing for this day’s event. It’s two hours before our call time and we should be at the venue by then. But while taking a hot shower, the “urge” to write seems to pull my senses deep and give it a try. Yes, that is how I write, I write from instincts. I seldom have a clear understanding of what I would write until I get my fingers on my laptop keyboard and started scribbling for words. I don’t know how real writers do their stuff, but this is how I do mine. And unless someone would cross my path and tells me – “This is how you should do it” then I would give it a thought. Then maybe I would start to become a real writer.

Anyways, to satisfy my craving to write today, what I learned from the seminar yesterday seems to be a good start for a good topic to write. It was the first time that I heard this good pastor from Australia, I was able to talk to him before at last year’s pastor’s congress but I was not able to hear him preach. Actually, I was having second thoughts of approaching him, I was not sure if it is because of the uncertainty that he still remembers me or if it is because of the certainty of the fact that he might know of a bent that I had on my bow. Either way, I was more than glad when he called me from where he is sitting and complimented my works from where I used to come from. (That is roughly how my life goes from time to time, people would compliment me for being a techie, a deadly smile deep in my heart as pride looms up and one day in a single stroke of a mighty hand of God, things turned upside down).

“There is a solution in you; you are the solution of a problem”. He exclaims from the pulpit. In chat lingo, this is a time to put up the great LOL! But there is no wi-fi signal, my laptop is buried silently in my bag and it was just a reckoning piece of truth coming from a person well-versed in life’s toil. “Should I believe this crap?” says a fearful, weak but tyrant corner of my heart. Believe me, we all had our share of problems engulfing our frail breath but it’s a different thing to be the “cause of a problem”.

My senses come swinging like a pendulum while listening to his short talk, one minute I get encouraged, the next, I get afraid. What do I fear about? Or was I really afraid, or it is just the enemy peeking from a small hole that failure left as a scar of my self-inflicted wound.

Wound. Well healing comes in handy when blood flows from a deep wound, and it is an absolute fact that God is our Great Physician. And yes as I consistently seek His revelation from the trivial things of life in His grace, I manage to make ends meet when it comes to blow after blow of truths that peels all of my confidence revealing only a heartbeat of hope in God.

I was nearing the last pages of Tommy Walker’s book, He Knows My Name and this morning I got a slight pat on my shoulder reading this truth;

“If you think you are the last one in line, then God is rooting for you. God loves a good comeback. He is the God of the second, third and hundredth chances”

Then I remember one encouraging moment yesterday, “God sees you not as a problem but a solution to a problem. Your company will not hire you if you can’t add up as a solution to one of their problems; you will not be in Singapore if you will not be a part of a great solution in this community. Do not run away from problems, these will release a giant in you. Problems are fortunes. Finally, the reward you get in this life are determined by the problems you are willing to solve for others”

Whew!

I think I should leave my fears behind for good. From this day, till the last stroke of my breath I will hear countless words. But I pray for God’s grace to get a strong grip to hold on to great truths about life. To things that would help me the most, to godly advise, and to wise counsel.

Listening is not an easy task for me, that’s what I become for the past years of my life. I always wanted to be the one being listened to. Maybe I should make a quick turn on the next road ahead of me.

“Our little becomes big when God is involved”

No comments: