Friday, August 31, 2007

Wonderful day, wonderful grace

Pilipinas, Aug 31, 2007
I am joined by my loving family on this special day, it’s almost 9am. I have work to finish but I do not want to miss a blog entry on my own special day. This morning when I woke up, I prayed to God, unsure of the things to thank Him for (because at 31 years old, there are really tons of things to give thanks). I whispered in a soft voice, “Thank you Jesus, 31 years ago You breathe life into a frail body, 31 years ago You assigned a place for me on this earth, 31 years ago, You allowed me to witness the beauty of Your creation, to have a taste of man’s wisdom, to be a recipient of love, to be able to listen to the songs of the birds and to be embraced by the wind that blows wherever I go.

I do not expect anyone to send greetings today the way that most of the people have done for the past 30, 10 and 3 years. This day, in a peculiar way, I am already overwhelmed by the one birthday song that I heard in the darkest corner of my room, it was just loud enough for a lingering soul to hear. It bid loneliness goodbye. My greatest friends once sang a birthday song for me, I took it on video before we shared a simple meal. I thought it was the greatest birthday song in my entire life, but not until their voices are gone, not until I unknowingly threw them away from me. Now as I slowly reach to the last page of this story, I choose not to be sad. Grace abounds as I hear His sweet voice. The table is all set, there were 31 candles on my birthday cake, my favorite pasta is rich in thick sauce, the people around me are excited for me. But I barely see all of these, for me it was as if Jesus was my only visitor, He sat there in front of me. I was expecting the familiar tune,

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, happy birthday
Happy birthday to you!

But God has a different tune in His heart; the notes were not that complicated, not too much rest and the staff was not really filled with dots. Yet, I felt very special. I felt loved and I suddenly realized how precious and how vast is the sum of His thoughts to me. For 31 years, He have searched me and knew me, when I sit and rise, perceived my thoughts from afar. He is familiar with all my ways. Yes, this is the greatest greeting that has reached my heart in my special day;

I have created you in my inmost being, I knit you together in your mother’s womb, your frame was not hidden from me when you were made in the secret place, all the days ordained for you where written in My book before one of them came to be.

Wonderful grace, He knows my thoughts from afar and yet He has loved me with an everlasting love. Wonderful grace, He is familiar with all my ways and yet He has loved me with an everlasting love. Wonderful grace, He KNEW me and yet He has loved me with an everlasting love.

I can’t even remember if I have spent even half of my days in truth, righteousness and excellence. I can’t even remember if doing the right thing was ever in my priorities. But I thank God, of all the days that I have lived this life, this day marks the greatest love that I have ever received. The love of Jesus Christ.
Wonderful grace! Wonderful day!

2 comments:

missFAU said...

Kuya! It's so mushy! Haha! But a very good one indeed. We have to thank God for everything he did for us right from the beginning(:

Unknown said...

Pare,

Pwede ka na magsulat ng telenovela....

Ace Gwapo