Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Gutsy Guilt

Singapore 11:50am

The precious gem of God's Word spoken from the heart of people who do not even know where many hearts are as they write these words, yet as life breathes itself from the wisdom of God out of their writings...it brings hope to the paralized heart, to the futile and the coward, to those who underestimated the deadly and destructive fruits of self-gratification. To those who are crossing the bridge of restoration, inching his way farther from the dark and numbing reality of failure.

6th of August...John Piper wrote the next section, as part of his Desiring God devotional...it says;

The Remedy for Paralyzed Sinners & Fallen Saints
To the fallen saint, who knows the darkness is self-inflicted and feels the futility of looking for hope from a frowning Judge, the Bible gives a shocking example of gutsy guilt. It pictures God’s failed prophet beneath a righteous frown, bearing his chastisement with broken-hearted boldness. "Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord because I have sinned against him, until he pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me out to the light" (Micah 7:8-9). This is courageous contrition. Gutsy guilt. The saint has fallen. The darkness of God’s indignation is on him. He does not blow it off, but waits. And he throws in the face of his accuser the confidence that his indignant Judge will plead his cause and execute justice for (not against) him. This is the application of justification to the fallen saint. Broken-hearted, gutsy guilt.



His grace abounds!...even to the vilest sinner...such as I...

No comments: