Wednesday, August 01, 2007

31.31.31.

Singapore 11:41pm

40 minutes before the day ends, I finally got the chance to write something about this day. I can not miss writing about anything today because 31 days from now, on August 31 I will be 31 years old.

It’s only once that I would pass this day. So I took the chance to write about my thoughts again.

It is said that man’s average life span is 60 years. If that’s the case then I’m halfway through, I am on the third quarter of the ballgame. Great huddles that came before me on the first half of my life have done nothing but add color to gray areas of my life. The wrong turns along the way were nothing but a kid skipping his way out of school. A stubborn student of the school of life. A tongue-twisting story teller who keeps himself to be always the protagonist of the entire short stories that escapes his thoughts through his lips. That’s what you have there. That’s how it turned out to be.

But the greatest story is yet to unfold. As time’s cruel intentions have hardened my heart, the grace of the One who owns the clock of the universe lead me to a different path. Everything is now a loss. Compared to the surpassing greatness of what is in store for me, should I keep walking where He leads me, through His grace alone.

And as the celebration of the day of my birth approaches, nothing I could ask for but for that one great desire to be in my heart. "To dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon His beauty and seek Him in His temple".1

I have to keep up with the fruits of my self-destructive ways and start from the ground, to see hope, north of where I am standing, I could only imagine if I would be able to speak less than the words that I can. To shout silently in boastfulness of how God have delivered me and to proclaim the only worth I have which I found in Christ alone.

Great friends have come and gone. Love has reached its end. Trust has pondered the walls of my dreams with uncertainty and faithfulness left the prideful heart.

But One remains.

One great God. "Who knows my name, Who knows my every thoughts, Who sees each tears that fall and HEARS me when I call".2

"We could completely trust the Man who died for our sins. With everything that concerns the life that He saved"3



1. Psalm 27:4 2. He knows my name, Tommy Walker 3. Streams from the Desert, LB Cowman

No comments: