Wednesday, July 04, 2007

ενιαίο

The continous and widespread fragmentation of the Church has been the scandal of all the ages. It has been Satan's master strategy. The sin of disunity probably has caused more souls to be lost than all other sins combined.

Paul Billheimer
Love Covers(Minneapolis: Bethany House, 1981)


Today I learned that unity does not begin in examining others' fault but in examining my own faults. I realized it is a bit tiring demanding for change when I am no capable of admitting that I am not perfect myself.

The answer to arguments? Acceptance. The first step to unity? Acceptance. Not agreement, unanimity, negotiation, arbitration or elaboration but ACCEPTANCE. Everything else follows. As there is no way we are told to build unity but only to keep unity.

“I pray for these followers, but I am also praying for all those who will believe in me because of their teaching. Father, I pray that they can be one. As you are in me and I am in you, I pray that they can also be one in us. Then the world will believe that you sent me"
John 17:20-21



No comments: