Saturday, June 07, 2008

Amazing Artistry Across the Evening Sky

When I see the beauty of a sunset’s glory
Amazing artistry across the evening sky
When I feel the mystery of a distant galaxy
It awes and humbles me to be loved
By a God so high

Paul Baloche, Graham Kendrick

God so high, how high, its beyond space and distance. History may have taken great names with her, she might have changed great lives, but before God, history is just a blink of one moment of His faithful time.

The afternoon looms, with a pale warning of the night’s coming darkness. Everyone seems to be tired, the rest are enjoying the little strength left for them to hope, I’m caught in between.

The late Domino Harvey defined life as having three kinds of people, the rich, the poor and everyone else in between, could it be that there are three dimensions of life curved in a variation of wood labeled – destiny?

I don’t enjoy afternoons so much, it reminds of the coming darkness of night, I need to be reminded that it’s time to rest, the whole world sleeps at night, I might as well grab my own pillow and let the comfort of my soft bed consume my dilemmas.


It’s scary when enough’s not good enough. And when the well of inspiration perspired and dried up. It’s scary when you forget about tomorrow and the only timeline left in your agenda is now. It’s scary when the hours are numb, when the arrows are struck, when your fellows are foes and most of all when you follow the dark hole straight to the bottom of the food chain. Silently you realized you don’t have anything to eat, while everyone else can have you for dinner.

What can I do?

Amazing artistry across the evening sky”, there’s something great about the evening sky after all.

The mystery of the distant galaxy”, great minds would not quit labeling all the galaxies that they can think of, but the mystery is sweet when you owe it to one Great Creator.

It awes and humbles me to be loved by a God so high”, a Great God not getting tired of oblivious pricks like the man in front of the mirror from where I’m standing – err! That’s me.

The last line of the song says:
Now You’re making all things new by the power of Your risen life

Praise God!

No comments: